6.図解 – 米国の裁判制度
7.影響力と独立性 ー 最高裁判決における政治の役割
9.最高裁法務事務官の役割 – フィリッパ・スカーレットとのインタビュー
12.裁判官の協力関係 – 国際交流と米国の司法制度
The U.S. Supreme Court: Equal Justice Under the Law
- The U.S. Supreme Court: Fidelity to the Law
By John G. Roberts Jr., Chief Justice of the United States
The Constitution prescribes a central role for the Supreme Court in the U.S. system of government.
- The Role of the Solicitor General
By Elena Kagan, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court and former Solicitor General of the United States
As the U.S. representative in all legal cases involving the government, the Office of the Solicitor General participates in three-quarters of the cases considered by the Supreme Court.
The Justices, Their Judgments and the Workings of the Court
- Deciding "What the Law Is"
By David G. Savage
A Supreme Court journalist discusses the Constitutional basis of the court's authority and significant cases of the past and others awaiting review.
- Influence and Independence: Politics in Supreme Court Decisions
By Susan Sherry
A law professor and author outlines factors that might come into play in a legal opinion.
- Justices Who Change: Justices, Judgments and the Court's Workings
By Linda Greenhouse
A journalist and lecturer gives examples of justices whose philosophies have evolved over time.
- Role of Supreme Court Law Clerk: Interview With Philippa Scarlett
A former Supreme Court law clerk describes the responsibilities of the job.
- Working Behind the Scenes
Four Supreme Court officials describe their jobs.
- The Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court
Biographies of the current and retired justices.
The Court and the World
- Judges Coming Together: International Exchanges and U.S. Judiciary
By Mira Gur-Arie
The director of the International Judicial Relations Office of the Federal Judicial Center describes exchange programs available for judges from around the world.
- Books, Articles, Websites on U.S. Supreme Court